Hospitality and the Cumbria economy
The hospitality industry is the UK’s fourth biggest employment sector and accounts for 8.8 per cent of total employment. It’s a fast-growing sector and offers unrivalled prospects for ambitious people who want to advance their careers.
In Cumbria and the Lake District hospitality and tourism is an essential part of the economic make up and contributes in the following five ways;
- 45 million people visit Cumbria and the Lake District every year. Of this 38.8m are day trippers and 6.3m stay for at least one night.
- Day and staying visitors combined to produce 59.4m tourist days
- The visitor economy is worth over £2.76 billion to Cumbria and the Lake District
- Over 36,240 full time equivalent jobs rely on the hospitality and tourism sector
- 20% of all jobs in Cumbria are in hospitality and tourism during high season. That’s 62,316-people employed in the visitor economy
Source: Cumbria Tourism
Knight Benton Recruitment Ltd
Knight Benton is an independent, owner managed, specialist hotel, restaurant and chef recruitment agency which is based in Cumbria and the Lake District.